Insurance Coverage For Home Based Businesses

Young female entrepreneur working in a home office at her desk

Protect your home based business with these insurance policies. 

More and more people are starting to run their own business out of their house. While this can help reduce the stress that comes with being part of the corporate world, it doesn’t come without its own set of challenges. Protecting your home based business with the right insurance policies can help to give you the peace of mind that you need. Consider these home business insurance policies to give you the coverage that you deserve.

  • Homeowners insurance endorsement – if you have a small business that you are running out of your house, you may be able to simply add an endorsement onto your existing home insurance policy. The endorsement will provide the additional coverage needed to cover your equipment and any liability issues.
  • Business owner’s policy – also known as a BOP, these policies are specifically designed for small businesses and will provide coverage for off-premises product liability, data loss, general business liability, and more. BOPs are much more affordable for small business owners than purchasing the same coverage options as separate policies.
  • Commercial insurance policies – if you are running a large business out of your home that brings in a lot of revenue, you will need a commercial insurance policy. These policies will provide more coverage than you can get with other, smaller policies to ensure that you are covered in case of any peril that your company may face. It will also come with a higher price tag than other policies that are available.

For all of your business insurance needs, contact the insurance professionals at ISU Wissink Insurance in Culver City, California. As an independent insurance agency, we will work with you to make sure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.