Does Commercial Property Insurance Cover Vandalism?

Vandalism is a serious problem for business owners, and it can cause both financial as well as reputational damage. It is important to understand what is covered under your commercial property insurance policy and what isn’t. In this article, we will discuss what kind of coverage is available for vandalism and malicious mischief, what is not covered, and what you should do if you experience vandalism-related losses.

What’s Covered Under Vandalism and Malicious Mischief Coverage

Commercial property insurance offers protection for acts of vandalism against your business with vandalism and malicious mischief coverage. This type of coverage will pay to repair or replace any damaged property caused by vandals. It can also provide coverage for lost income if the business has to close temporarily due to extensive damage caused by vandalism.

However, for unoccupied premises, you may have to pay a higher deductible.

Vandalism and Malicious Mischief Coverage Exclusions

The vandalism and malicious mischief coverage do not cover damage if your commercial property remains unoccupied for 60 or more consecutive days. Also, if the damage has been caused by an insured party, it will not be covered. It can happen if an estranged former business partner whose name continues to be in the policy vandalizes your property as revenge. In such a scenario, the financial loss will be incurred from your personal sources.

Benefits of Consulting a Commercial Property Damage Lawyer

If your commercial property has been vandalized and your insurance provider is not willing to provide the necessary compensation, you should speak with a commercial property damage lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand the provisions of your policy and can help you negotiate with your insurance company to get the required financial compensation.

Vandalism and malicious mischief can be devastating for a business, and it is important to understand what is covered under your commercial property insurance policy. In general, the policy should provide coverage for damages caused by vandals, but it will not cover any intentional damage or damage caused by a natural disaster.

Cover Your Commercial Property Against Vandalism with ISU Wissink Insurance

Vandalism can cost a fortune for your commercial property. Hence, you need to protect your finances with the right insurance policy. For more information on commercial property insurance, contact our team at ISU Wissink Agency today. We can help you get the right coverage based on your unique business needs.